COVID-19 Information & Updates
Posted on April 1, 2020
Given the rapidly evolving COVID-19 crisis, the City of Markham has made the difficult decision to cancel all Spring recreation, culture and library drop-in and registered programs and extend the closure of all City facilities. This decision was made following the guidance of the Chief Public Health Officer of Canada and the Ontario Chief Medical Officer of Health to help break the chain of transmission of COVID-19.
The following measures have been taken:
- All City facilities are closed to the public until further notice
- Public meetings have been cancelled until further notice
- All events scheduled until May 31 are cancelled. City staff will work with event organizers to determine appropriate next steps.
COVID-19 will continue to impact Markham and the world throughout the coming months. During this time, the following is in effect:
- A full refund will be issued, waiving the 30 day cancellation notification requirements and all administration fees. This policy applies to all Markham Pan Am Centre rentals. Our staff will be in touch with impacted event organizers to discuss refund arrangements.
- Suspension of the Municipal Accommodation Tax from April 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020, to provide relief to hoteliers
Markham Pan Am Centre is a premier sport complex for sporting events throughout the year, please contact us for future event opportunities.
Although the delivery of our services have been modified, our elected officials and City staff are still hard at work, and are committed to continuing to provide essential services to our community.
Our heartfelt thanks go out to our healthcare workers, those working on the front lines and our own essential service staff including our team in Markham’s Emergency Operations Centre who are working to help combat and get us through COVID-19. We are all in this together.