Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have additional questions about the Markham Pan Am Centre? We might have the answer below. We’ve compiled a list of the most common questions our visitors ask us. If you still have questions, please contact us.
- Is the facility open to the public right now?
We are open only to Permit Holders and pre-registered participants for drop-in programs (Badminton and Pickleball) and Endurance Lane Swimming. To pre-book, go to www.markham.ca/recreation.
- Can I come into the Markham Pan Am Centre to watch drop-in programs?
At this time spectators are not permitted. The facility is open only for registered guests for drop-in programs and select Sport Clubs.
- When will the fitness centre open?
The fitness centre remains closed for now. Check back regularly for updates or go to markham.ca/fitness for information on Return to Fit virtual options.
- How does the Markham Pan Am Centre differ from the other Markham Recreation Community Centres?
The Markham Pan Am Centre is a premier sport complex ideal for hosting a variety of sport events, from community to international. Our facility also plays an integral role in athlete training as they move along the pathway towards sport excellence.
- Who owns the Markham Pan Am Centre?
The Markham Pan Am Centre was built in partnership with Infrastructure Ontario, TO2015 Pan Am Games Organizing Committee and the City of Markham.
- What are the facility hours?
Currently, we are open 7 days/week for Registered Participants and Permit Holders only - No Public Access
- Is there a fee for parking?
Parking at the Markham Pan Am Centre is free, but limited.
- Is there a place to buy food on site?
There is no place to buy food on site at this time.
- Are there any vending machines?
There are 2 vending machines located on the main floor by reception offering light snacks and beverages.
- Is the facility accessible?
Yes, the Markham Pan Am Centre is fully accessible.
- Are pets allowed in the facility?
Only registered service animals are allowed to enter the facility due to pool Health & Safety Regulations.
- Can our group rent the gym or pool?
We have a variety of meeting rooms and spaces available for groups to rent. Please contact email@example.com.
- Is there Wi-Fi in the facility?
Yes, there is public Wi-Fi throughout the Markham Pan Am Centre.
- What is the temperature of the pool?
The pool temperature is maintained at 79°F (26°C) to meet FINA standards.
- What qualifications does your swimming/fitness staff have?
All our staff are First Aid, CPR and AED trained! Our fitness staff have all have their required certifications and all lifeguards are certified National Lifeguards through the Lifesaving Society.
- Do you offer a towel service?
Sorry, we do not offer towel service at this time.
- Where do I put my valuables and my clothes?
There are marked spots on the pool deck and gym floor to store belongings while you train. Lockers and change rooms are currently not available due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Where is the lost and found?
Please call our customer service desk for information: (905) 475-4730 x3020
- What type of footwear is acceptable in the gymnasium?
No outside footwear is allowed on the gymnasium floor. Athletes must wear clean athletic, non-marking sole footwear.